It can be very satisfying to start a restaurant business. The food and beverage industry is one of India’s fastest – growing, urbanized and fast – growing middle – class industries. It can be difficult to maintain these types of businesses. It is no wonder that the restaurant industry is growing and in the years to come it will continue to grow. It requires many tasks and responsibilities, ranging from creating a menu and marketing your concept to managing a staff and negotiating with suppliers that can all be stressful and overwhelming. You need realistic goals and adequate funding for a successful restaurant business.
Things required to open a successful restaurant are as follows:-
1) Big space: For establishing a perfect restaurant you need a big space.
2) Chefs: We all know that chefs are the king of restaurant so make sure you appoint chefs who have taste in their hands. They are capable enough to manage kitchen and fulfill customer’s desire.
3) Furniture: The furniture is one of the main thing which attract customer apart from food. It is a part of decoration and it must be matching to restaurant’s theme.
4) Kitchen materials: plates, spoons, menu, etc. should be attractive.
Above things are basic and must. These are just basic requirement for every small or big restaurant.
Steps to start a restaurant:-
1) Decide the location: You need to choose very effective location where people easily come and park their vehicles.
2) Calculate the expenses and operational cost: It is always better to make a business report that gives a clear picture of overheads you are going to encounter. Renting a location, buying kitchen equipment, doing interiors, and setting up POS are the expenses involved in starting a restaurant. License, food, electricity, gas, manpower, advertising and marketing are other overheads that you need to take into account when making business plans for restaurants.
3) Get all the licenses you need: Get all the licenses you need to open your restaurant. You need a lot of licenses from different departments to start a restaurant in India. To get all licenses in place may take a few months or a year, so start the process early. In India, FSSAI is licensing and registering food. Other licenses and formalities include GST registration, eating house license, liquor license, professional tax license, fire safety license, pollution control certificate, lift license (for eateries using elevators), music/video license, insurance, signage license etc.
4) An effective staff: Effective staff will help you to reach success. Service staff including waiters, housekeeping, and busboys should be well-trained to face the customer. Besides that, you need a restaurant manager, store manager, and cashier.
5) Logo, menu, branding and interior design: Menu and logo design plays a major role in the success of the restaurant and requires due diligence. Seek the help of the chef in naming dishes for menu content. Include items with readily available ingredients that can be easily prepared. The price of the dishes should be based on the area’s competition. Approach a designer of a logo that can also help with menu design. Consider staff uniform branding package, tableware, and paper napkins.
6) Advertisement and marketing: In order to get your name out on the market, advertising is essential when you start a restaurant. Distribute pamphlets from the menu and advertise them in local papers. To promote your business, use social media such as Facebook and Instagram. Write blogs and have a website. Blogs are very useful in spreading positive word of mouth. Hire writers or ask customers to write a blog post in exchange for a free meal. Do a tie-up with food delivery apps like FoodPanda, Zomato, etc if you plan to deliver food in your area.
All the best readers, any questions you have in your mind can ask, kindly contact us.